Following the events of the last 24 hours, we have had to make the difficult decision to cancel the Warkworth Maple Syrup Festival. The sugarbush will be open for SALES ONLY. Unfortunately there will be no breakfast this weekend. From our family to yours, please stay healthy.
The following is a statement from the Warkworth Maple Syrup Festival Committee:
“In consideration of realities outlined below, sadly this weekend’s Warkworth Maple Syrup Festival has been cancelled:
– Acceleration of COVID19 issues.
– Appeals and advice from doctors, Health Ministries and government spokes persons to cancel or postpone gatherings of over 250 people.
-Our inability to ensure social distancing in our normal crowd sizes of 1000-2000 people a day on the buses and in line ups
– Our need to protect our volunteers many of whom are seniors.
– Our desire not to provide an environment where our children are at risk.
– Our desire to do our part in “flattening the curve” and keep this horrible virus from spreading to our area and Ontario.
Please follow the guidelines on staying safe as we face down this virus.
Warkworth Maple Syrup Festival Committee”